Booking Terms and Conditions
If after reading our materials and talking with our staff you decide to travel or rent a car with Mili Adventure Africa, please provide us with a deposit and completed reservation form, both of which are required to complete your booking. Please read these terms and conditions thoroughly, as the document contains information that will be important to your travel planning.
General Terms & Use of vehicle
- Please read all the terms and conditions below very carefully before you use our products and services. By making a booking you signify that you have fully accepted all the terms and conditions listed below.
- Where the terms and conditions mention “us” or “our company” or “we” or the “Owner” this specifically means Mili Adventure Africa.
- “You” or the “Hirer” means the person(s) who have signed the Rental Agreement;
- The “Rental Agreement” means the rental agreement made between You and the Owner;
- “Vehicle” means the vehicle which is rented by you, as described in your online reservation form.
- The Hirer shall return the Vehicle on the agreed date, as specified in your online reservation form, before 7:00 PM, unless the Owner has specifically agreed otherwise. No refunds shall be given for early returns.
- The Hirer shall have a valid driver’s license (of the country of residence and/or an International Driver’s License). It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that he/she carries the driver’s license with him/her whilst driving.
- The Vehicle is to be operated only by the Hirer who has signed the rental agreement and his authorized travel companions. Any loss or damages arising from the use of the vehicle by an unauthorized driver shall be borne by the Hirer.
- Any losses or serious damages of the camping gear shall be charged to the Hirer at replacement value.
- Any fine or penalty against the laws of the country shall be settled by the Hirer.
- The Vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel – petrol for Toyota RAV4 and diesel for Toyota Landcruiser – and shall be returned to the Owner with a full tank in order to prevent refueling charges.
- The Hirer is required to fill up on fuel only at Authorized gas stations and require a receipt after filling. In some of the smaller gas stations, fuel can be mixed with other liquids or additives, which may seriously damage the Vehicle’s engine.
- Please follow any relevant Tanzania law and driver’s instructions at all times.
Payments, Cancellations, Refunds, and Amendments:
- Reservations are accepted and confirmed after we receive a booking deposit.
- A deposit of 50 – 60% of the total invoice is required to secure your reservations, once being confirmed to you.
- The balance of payment is due 20-30 days prior to your date of arrival in Africa or road trip commencements/begin. If your booking is made and confirmed within 45 days of your arrival date, full payment will be required immediately.
- Payments can be made either by Visa, MasterCard,
American Express or via Telegraphic Transfer to our bank account to be provided.
- Payment by visa card requires a 7% bank surcharge. We are in the process of this kind of payment.
Cancellation must be notified in writing and will take effect the day it is received by Mili Adventure Africa. The following penalties will apply:-
Where the deposit only has been paid and notification of cancellation is received:
- More than 60 days prior to the departure date – 50% of the deposit is refundable;
- Less than 60 days prior to the departure date – none of the deposit is refundable.
If full payment has been made and notification of cancellation is received:
- More than 60 days prior to the departure date – 90% of the tour price is refundable;
- Within 30-60 days prior to the departure date – 80% of the tour price is refundable;
- Less than 30 days prior to the departure date – 30% of the tour price is refundable; and
- Less than 7 days prior to the departure date – none of the tour prices is refundable.
- No refund is available for cancellation after the tour has commenced.
- Any refund in respect of any tours, accommodation, meals or any other services not utilized will be at the discretion of the suppliers concerned.
- Suppliers may levy their own additional cancellation fees. These cancellation fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- The company reserves the right for our guides to refuse to carry any customers for any reason whatsoever.
- The company is not liable and bears no responsibility for costs incurred for onward travel alterations, delays or any activities that have been booked to start after the termination of the tour.
- Mili Adventure Africa shall not be liable, for any personal injury, property damage, inconvenience, loss of time, or any other loss or damage, direct or indirect, arising out of any act, omission or negligence of any direct air carrier, motor coach company, hotel or any other person rendering any service or providing any accommodation or event in conjunction with the travel package. Mili Adventure Africa shall not be liable, for any injury, loss or damage, direct or indirect, sustained as a result of theft, accident, mechanical breakdown, government action, weather, an act of God, failure to make timely payments, or any other reason beyond Mili Adventure Africa’ control.
Passports Visas and Personal Identification
It is the responsibility of each individual traveler to obtain the documentation required for their trips such as passports, visas, birth certificates, and photo identification. Travelers entering the United Republic of Tanzania are required to show a passport for entry. Those denied at any border will not be entitled to any refund. Should you require assistance on this matter we will be pleased to make recommendations. Visa is obtained in all Tanzania Airport, and Borders on entry.
International/Domestic Flight Ticket Bookings and Changes:
- Mili Adventure Africa has no affiliation with any airline. Any airline reservations done on a traveler’s behalf by Mili Adventure Africa are subject to the applicable airline rules and regulations, changes and cancellation policies. The traveler is advised to contact their airline 12 hours before departure and again 4 to 6 hours to re-confirm departure time.
- Reconfirmation of flight bookings is the responsibility of the traveler. As tour arrangements may be booked to connect with international and domestic flights it is your responsibility to keep us updated as to your flight times and numbers.
Restricted areas & recommendations
The following areas are only allowed with a 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser, 4WD Suzuki Escudo and are NOT allowed with a 4WD Toyota RAV4:
- Serengeti – the main road running from Naabi Hill gate to Seronera, the center of the action, and from Seronera radiating to the East and West, is notorious among all tour guides in Tanzania for its condition. It is a challenging road due to the rocky surface with washboard ribbons. We do allow self-drive safaris into the Serengeti but a Land Cruiser is required. We cannot stress enough to drive slowly (25km/h) and carefully on this road! Single vehicle roll-overs are NOT covered by the insurance.
- The road towards Lake Natron.
- Selous Game Reserve.
- Travel to Lake Tanganyika and Gombe Stream National Park is ONLY allowed with a Land Cruiser and upon prior written confirmation by Mili Adventure Africa. Western Tanzania lags behind in terms of economic development and very few tourists make it to the far West. The road network is not well maintained and it is challenging to follow up adequately in case the car has a mechanical problem.
- Mili Adventure Africa strongly recommends NOT driving before sunrise (approx. 6.30 AM) and after sunset (approx. 6.30 PM).
- The Hirer is not allowed to cross any international borders without prior written approval from the Owner and additional insurance coverage through the issuance of a valid COMESA yellow card.
- The road to Ruaha National Park, Mikumi, Udzungwa mountains, Katavi National Park and Lake Nyasa, all types of cars can be used.
Hirers are advised to install the free App Maps.me on their smartphones before travel and download the Tanzania Maps, so they can drive on GPS.
- All Vehicles are checked and serviced before being rented out and you will receive the Vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle in the same condition as it was provided at the start of the rental.
- You are responsible for the Vehicle during the rental period and you will use the Vehicle in accordance with good driving practices and in compliance with all laws. Your maintenance of the Vehicle includes checking of engine oil and other lubricants, coolant water, and tire pressure. We recommend doing so every time you are topping up fuel. The costs of the Vehicle’s maintenance during the rental period shall be covered by the Hirer. Failure to maintain appropriate fluid levels may result in engine damage, for which damage the Hirer shall be liable.
- If any dashboard warning lights illuminate, the Hirer should consult the car symbol checklist and, in case of doubt, contact a Mili Adventure Africa representative.
Mechanical breakdowns & repairs
- In case of a mechanical breakdown of the Vehicle which cannot be repaired within 24 hours and which is not the result of your negligence, fault or by that of an approved driver, a replacement Vehicle will be provided and paid for by the Owner on the shortest term possible. Kindly note that replacement Vehicles will have to come from Arusha.
- In case the vehicle needs to be repaired during the rental period, the hirer ensures that Mili Adventure Africa is contacted for authorization prior to any repairs to the Vehicle.
- A receipt is issued and given to Mili Adventure Africa upon return of the Vehicle.
- When taking the Vehicle to any garage, valuables stuff should not be left in the Vehicle (even the car tool kit) as it is not uncommon for items to be stolen at the garage. Hirers are required to replace items lost or stolen from the Vehicle (including spare tires, jacks, and other tools which come with the Vehicle).
- In case of an accident, whether it is your fault or those of the third party, the Hirer shall always immediately notify Mili Adventure Africa and take pictures of the damaged vehicle and the other vehicle(s) involved in the accident.
- In case of an incident involving one or more vehicle(s), details of these vehicle(s) and their driver(s) should be identified and reported, such as the driver’s ID, telephone number, number plate, and insurance registration number.
- After an accident, the Hirer should not leave the Vehicle unattended, as it is not uncommon for unattended vehicles to be vandalized.
Damages, waivers and Mili Adventure Africa Insurance
Mili Adventure Africa cannot be held liable for damages to the rental car when these are not the result of the mechanical condition of the car. The Hirer acknowledges that they are responsible for all repair and recovery costs in case of the following damage:
- Tires: Mili Adventure Africa cars are rented out with top-quality tires, but having a flat tire can happen during the road trip and repair is at the expense of the Hirer. Consult the car explanation checklist for instructions. In the event that any of the tires are damaged beyond repair, the Hirer must replace it with a tire of the same dimension, type and wear characteristics and the cost is for the account of the Hirer. Always call Mili Adventure Africa for advice on which type of tires are suitable.
- Underbody coverage: damage to the underbody of the vehicle is considered a result of careless driving.
- The car is comprehensively insured against damage as a result of accident or fire, and third party liability to property and bodily injury due to a car accident. Excess claims beyond the maximum insured shall be the responsibility of the Hirer. This means that the Hirer’s liability is covered by the Owner’s insurance, provided that none of the events of clause 24 hours has occurred, and if:
- You have accepted our Terms & Conditions by having signed the online Rental Agreement;
- you have complied with the terms of the Rental Agreement;
- you pay for the excess amount not covered by the Insurance.
- The Hirer acknowledges that will be fully liable for any damage to the Mili Adventure Africa vehicle and/or (third) property if any of the following events has occurred:
- Driving in excess of speed limits. The maximum speed limit inside the National Parks is 25 km/hour!
- Single vehicle incidents or rollover
- Damage to the Vehicle is caused by careless, willful or reckless driving.
- Damage to the Vehicle is caused by a lack of proper care/maintenance of the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Water submersion or saltwater damage is caused
- Driving on restricted roads/areas.
- Wrong fuel use
- A security bond of $350 is required through Credit card reservations. Upon return of the car, the vehicle will be inspected by our staff. When the vehicle and camping equipment are in acceptable condition, the Credit card freeze will be released. In case of strong doubts which cannot be verified on-site, the vehicle is brought to our workshop, and the bond, if any, partially or in full, will be charged.
Disclaimer & Liability
- Mili Adventure Africa shall, to the maximum extent permitted by law, not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature of the Hirer or the approved driver.
- Mili Adventure Africa cannot accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances beyond its control or its staff, including flight delays/cancellations or force majeure such as war or threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist acts, border closure, acts of government or other authorities, strikes, thefts, epidemics, road closures, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport and all similar events beyond Mili Adventure Africa’s control.
- The company and its agents act only as agents of the Customer/Guest/Tourist in all matters relating to Tours, Transport and hotel/accommodation and shall not be liable for any illness, injury or death of the client or any person named on the booking form.
- The company will not be held responsible for any delays, cancellations, or non- acceptance of reservations. While we do our best to ensure that each program advertised is properly arranged, we have no direct control over services provided by sub-contractors.
- The company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed upon, as well as change the client’s itinerary should ground conditions such as weather, necessitate.
- The laws of the country in which the tour takes place, and no other country, govern the company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicle.
- While the company provides all the services to the best of its ability for your comfort and safety, it will be noted that all trips are taken at the risk of the client(s).